Dr Rhett Bosnich – Biography
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Medical Science (BMedSci)
- Diplomate American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS)
- Dip Cosmetic Medicine (ACCS)
- Dip of Cosmetic and Dermatologic Laser Surgery (ACCS)
- Fellow Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery (FFMACCS)
- Fellow Australasian College of Aesthetic Medicine (FFMACAM)
- Member of the International Society for Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS)
- Member of the Australasian Academy of Anti-Ageing Medicine (A5M)
Dr Bosnich is a leading authority in Hair Restoration Surgery within the Australasian region, currently performing more than 300 Hair Transplants per year, specialising in surgical mega-sessions of up to 6000 grafts per session.
One of the best hair transplant surgeons in Australia, he regularly conducts training sessions and workshops for doctors internationally in PRP and Stem Cell Therapy for Hair Restoration and Skin Rejuvenation.
Originally graduating from the University of Adelaide with a B Med Sci in 1990 and again with a MBBS in 1994, Dr Bosnich comes from a strong scientific medical research background and possesses over 18 years of experience as a Medical Practitioner in Australia.
He embarked on his career as a Cosmetic Physician in Adelaide in 2002, focusing at that time on the aesthetic use of lasers in medicine and the non-surgical treatment of varicose veins. Then, seeking to expand his expertise in Cosmetic Medicine he relocated to Melbourne in 2006.
Hair Transplant Surgeon
In January 2007 Dr Bosnich was appointed Medical Director and Principal Hair Transplant Surgeon of National Hair Institute (NHI), and he worked in this position until June 2012.
Many of his International patients travelled to have Hair Transplant Surgery performed exclusively by him, from countries such as Tahiti, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, India and other South East Asian countries.
International Qualification by the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery
During his time dedicated to Hair Transplantation, Dr Bosnich undertook further training and studies in Hair Transplant Surgery, where his clinical work and professional reputation have contributed to changing the perception of the industry.
He achieved his career goal of obtaining prestigious International recognition as a graduate (by rigorous peer Examination) of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS).
Dr Bosnich then looked for new challenges and to establish his own clinic, and this gave rise to Newin Institute.
Contributions to the Field of Hair Transplant Surgery in Australia
During his career, Dr Bosnich acheived a number of milestones and prestigious recognition:
First to perform the Largest Hair Transplant Surgery in Australia
- Dr Bosnich was the first Hair Transplant Surgeon in Australia to consistently perform mega-session Hair Transplants of 3000-6000 follicles for a patient in one day
Introduced several new Hair Transplant Techniques to Australia
- Introduced a combined surgical approach, involving the use of Follicular Unit Strip Surgery (FUSS)/Follicular Unit Grafting (FUG) together with Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
- Introduced the Trichophytic Closure Technique at his previous employer to improve the healing and appearance of donor scars
- Introduced and refined his own surgical Scar Revision techniques to help patients with poor donor scarring from previous surgery by other doctors
- Introduced motorised Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) to to his previous employer and now refined at Newin Institute
- Introduced both manual and motorised body hair extraction techniques to his previous employer and now refined at Newin Institute
- The first to introduce “Bio-Enhanced Hair Transplant Surgery”, performing Stem-Cell (Autologous Stromal Vascular Fraction) and PRP intraoperatively to enhance wound healing and improve follicular graft growth and survival rates
Examples of Hair Transplant Work
Many photographs and videos of Dr Bosnich’s exceptional results can be viewed on online and on television advertisements in Australia.
His New Innovative Clinic – Newin Institute
At Newin Institute, Dr Bosnich now brings all his knowledge and experience together to provide a unique set of cosmetic services in Hair Restoration Surgery and Cosmetic Medicine to help men and women renew their confidence by treating their hair loss and cosmetic concerns.
Dr Bosnich is committed to ongoing professional and clinical development, regularly attending International conferences in Cosmetic Medicine and Hair Transplantation. In particular, he continues to innovate within the field of Hair Restoration Surgery and strives to maintain his presence at the forefront of this highly specialised and unique area of cosmetic surgery.
He continues to to bring his patients the very latest in effective treatment approaches for Hair Loss and Cosmetic Medicine by working closely with world-leaders in Bio-Medical Research and Development, such as AdiStem Ltd and Paspa Pharmaceuticals.
Dr Rhett Bosnich – Accreditations
Professional Memberships – Dr Rhett Bosnich: American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery; International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery; Asian Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons